How can I draw faces better
Draw a thin outline of a face. Heads are never round, they are oval shaped, like an egg. So sketch an oval outline that tapers downwards.
Add dividing lines. The easiest way to start off is to use dividing lines that mark the proportions of the face. First, draw a line down through the center of the oval. Then divide the oval in half again, this time horizontally.
Draw the nose. Divide the bottom half again with another horizontal line. The point where this crosses the vertical line is where you should start the bottom of the nose. Sketch the bottom of the nose and a nostril on each side.
Draw the mouth. Divide the bottom quarter in the middle again. The bottom edge of the lips will fit the parting line you just drew. Draw a line where the lips meet and draw the upper lip. Now add the lower lip.
- Draw two round balls that will make the eyes across the middle horizontal line. These form the eye sockets. The top of the circle is where the bone sits.
- Draw the eyeball floating in the center of the eye socket.
- Then you need to work out the eye shape. Eyes are almond-shaped, so keep this in mind when sketching the eyes (eyes come in different sizes and shapes, as well as expressions. As a rule of thumb, the distance between the two eyes is the width of one eye).
Shading under the eyes. Now add some shading under the eye and where the eyes transition to the nose to define the eye socket. For a tired look, shade more and add lines at a more acute angle to the lower eyelid.
Draw the ears. The bottom of the ears should be drawn in line with the bottom of the nose, and the top of the ears should be drawn in line with the eyebrows. Note that the ears should lie flat on the side of the head.
Draw the hair. Be sure to draw the hair outwards from the roots.
Draw the neck. Necks are thicker than you think. Draw two lines down approximately from the intersection of the lower horizontal line with the edges of the face.
Draw the details. Shade a little under the nose and emphasize the chin. Add expression lines around the mouth and shading in the corners. Then line the nasal ridge. The more clearly you draw these features, the “older” your face will look.
Clean. Remove any guide lines with an eraser.
- Why did you uninstall the Instagram app
- What books were written by billionaires?
- How did you get into photography?
- What is Forex and Cryptocurrency Trading
- Who is Wan
- What is the Android Watch
- You can only get a dental implant
- What are some top architects in Mumbai
- Organic farming What is greening
- What incident made you respect your junior
- MVC is a reaction
- Can I pray for today
- What is the mortgage brokerage fee
- Is the UGC NET eligible for IIM
- How did composers test their music?
- What is the antonym for OK
- Where and how do I meet girls
- What place has free bypass surgery
- Can we use parseChar like parseInt
- What is the scope of agricultural economy
- What is logical claim and factual claim
- Which factors determine the density level
- What is Tar XZVF
- What are some poems about frustration