Akhenaten was related to his wife Nefertiti
Tutankhamun, Nefertiti and a branched family tree
If hidden chambers are discovered in Tutankhamun's tomb during the new explorations, this may include the tomb of Nefertiti, the lost queen who was related to the young pharaoh over two lines. If so, another mummy may soon join this fascinating, ramified family.
Over the course of more than a hundred years, excavations in the Egyptian Valley of the Kings and its surroundings have unearthed 64 tombs and other associated chambers. The most famous among them is the treasure-filled burial chamber of Tutankhamun, also known as KV62. But many other royal tombs and mummies from the 18th and 19th Dynasties of Ancient Egypt were also discovered.
In 2007, Egyptian scientists began performing genetic tests on 16 royal mummies. Shown here are his closest relatives: the grandparents, parents, his wife, and two mummified fetuses that were found in his grave and believed to have been his daughters.
But a legendary mummy from this period, whose name is mentioned every time a new discovery is made in this royal cemetery, is missing: the beautiful Queen Nefertiti. She was the main wife of Tutankhamun's father Akhenaten. His mother was another woman whose name is not known. This makes Nefertiti Tutankhamun's stepmother.
Tutankhamun's relationships were further complicated by the royal custom of incest during this period. He himself married his half-sister Ankhesenamun, a daughter of Nefertiti and Akhenaten. So Nefertiti is also his mother-in-law.
Article published in English on September 29, 2015
- What's the best deal in Ludhiana
- Can INFPs rethink love
- How can I create unique sounds
- The Vikings were technically nomads
- What if Jon never gave Arya Needle
- Anything can be learned or trained
- Should we use biological weapons against ISIS
- How are high and large bridges built
- Where are Magento 2 error logs
- Can you ask someone else to punish bullies?
- Do you use a skateboard wax
- Is society ready for driverless cars?
- PSU is a government job
- Can a system really be random?
- What for does Trump deserve recognition
- How can I learn shorthand
- How do you see Rajinikanth's entry into politics?
- What happens when potassium reacts with water
- Has your business ever been robbed?
- Birkin bag is overrated
- What are exact numbers
- How can you become the next Einstein?
- What is natural law theory
- Was Oda Nobunaga a bad ruler
- Why is nothing more valuable than parents
- Loved Henry VIII Mary Boleyn
- What is the order of the arrow
- What is getAndIncrement in Java
- Why is hotel television so awful
- Video games make you dumb
- What is CFRP in civil engineering
- How much charge does copper have
- Can we transfer life to other planets?
- What WWE Wrestlers Have Wrestling Schools Started For