What are the Healthiest Mediterranean Foods
Mediterranean diet: This is what the Mediterranean diet tastes like
If you search the World Wide Web for a diet that promises a long life, the list of search results is endless. However, if the diet meets the criteria of a balanced diet, many of the suggestions fall through the cracks. One diet that appears repeatedly on the first page is the so-called Mediterranean diet. Are you wondering what makes this type of diet, also known as the Mediterranean diet, so special? And whether it keeps what it promises? We share our knowledge.
What does Mediterranean mean?
Before we look at the list of foods that officially fall under the Mediterranean diet, let's take a look at the origins of the diet. As the name suggests, it lies in the South of Europe, more precisely on the Crete island. The word "Mediterranean" means something like “Rising from the Mediterranean”. In addition to the original diet of the Greeks, the cuisine of southern Italy also had a strong influence on the definition of Mediterranean cuisine.
Many of us connect with the south of Europe, which are submerged in the evening sun and where people come together to eat typical dishes. Obviously, we're not all that wrong with this idea. Still curious what Mediterranean diet followers are eating?
What does the Mediterranean cuisine include?
In contrast to the High Carb Low Fat Diet, in which little fat is deliberately absorbed, the Mediterranean cuisine is characterized by a high intake of fat out. Yes, fats even do up to 40% of the daily calorie intake. The key difference compared to other diets is that Ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, which is ten times lower than in the classic western diet. The main source: high quality olive oil.
If you take a scrutinizing look into the southern European kitchens, you will discover not only olive oil, but also above all freshFruits and vegetables, grains and fish. Also Legumes, nuts and seeds make up a significant part of the Mediterranean diet. Many who live according to the principle of the Mediterranean diet also drink a glass of wine a day.
Are you wondering which of the foods are eaten and how often? Rightly. Because as with most diets, there is a recommendation for the amount of Carbohydrates, protein and fat. The food pyramid for Mediterranean food gives an insight into the distribution of the selected foods.
A clear advantage of the Mediterranean diet: There are no rules that stipulate which of the foods listed above can be combined with which meal. Our favorite products also find a well-deserved place on the shopping list. InstantOats for your breakfast are just the beginning.
Dairy products, how Yogurt or cheese, are allowed, but are built into everyday life in moderate amounts. Foods that are rarely on the menu sugar-rich ready-made products and red meat. The reason for not doing this is clear: high consumption of these foods has been shown to have a negative impact on health, in particular on Cardiovascular health.
By the way: While rumors in this country claim that a late meal in the evening is unhealthy, residents in southern Europe are known for putting dinner well after 8 p.m. But what's right? In the article on the topic we answer the question: Late dinner is unhealthy?
How healthy is the Mediterranean diet?
A critical analysis of the foods that are preferred in the Mediterranean area shows why the Mediterranean diet is generally classified as healthy.
- The Mediterranean diet provides comparably high amounts unsaturated fatty acids - you remember the olive oil that is generously used in the preparation of salads, pasta and fish dishes. The fats and the ratio of fatty acids can have a positive effect on the Cardiovascular health impact.
- There are even more healthy unsaturated fats in nuts and seeds, especially omega-3 fatty acids. You can Keep blood pressure in balance and reduce the risk of blood clotting.
- We all know how important fruits and vegetables are for a healthy diet. As a reminder, they don't just contain numerous Vitamins and Minerals, but also secondary plant substances, which can have anti-inflammatory effects.
- An additional point that speaks for a high consumption of fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers and eggplants are the contained Fiber.
- Not to forget: the regular consumption of fish. Just like high-quality oil, nuts and kernels contain high-fat types of fish valuable fatty acids.
Lose weight with Mediterranean cuisine
Numerous scientific studies prove the connection between a traditional Mediterranean diet and a low chronic disease rate or one higher life expectancy. But what about the feel-good weight? Can you lose weight with the Mediterranean diet? The simple answer is yes. Because - as we have already emphasized - the choice of food is fundamentally healthy. Losing weight with the Mediterranean diet works just like any other diet, only if you hit a daily calorie deficit. The best way to achieve your personal goal is to combine a healthy diet with plenty of exercise and adequate sleep. Always have yours with you daily calorie requirement in deficit in view, you should do not exceed. Our more sophisticated Calorie calculator helps you to calculate your calorie requirement in a few minutes. Should you ever reach a plateau, you will find five possible ones here Reasons for the stagnation of your body weight.
Does the concept of the Mediterranean diet appeal to you? If you are healthy and lead a lifestyle with lots of exercise, you can try this diet without too much risk.
Are you still not sure whether the diet is right for you because you already have health problems? Then make an appointment with your family doctor. Basically, a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and good fats is an optimal basis for your goals.
Recipes inspired by the Mediterranean
- Inspired by the Mediterranean and perfected by us, here are three recipes for your personal fitness cookbook. All you need for our first recipe from the Mediterranean region are five ingredients and five minutes of your time. Black olives, olive oil and capers turn into a spicy one in a flash Olive tapenade. Our recommendation: crispy Protein bread.
To the recipe
- Once you've baked the protein bread, you can cut a few more letters for this snack: Bread with fresh tomatoes and heartyham.
To the recipe
- What ours Mediterranean pasta salad a presentable fitness recipe? High protein chickpea spirelli. In a bowl we mix this with green pesto, dried tomatoes in oil, homemade basil pesto with walnuts and aromatic rocket.
To the recipe
In the south of Europe are fresh herbs An indispensable part of the kitchen. Basil, rosemary and parsley are also common in this country. If you are interested in what makes the Flavor Brings so healthy, click through this article: Herbs asRemedies.
Mediterranean diet: the bottom line
The Mediterranean diet has a good reputation. And rightly so. In five points you will find the most important things at a glance.
- The Mediterranean diet, which has its origins in southern Europe, is rich in juicy fruit and crunchy, wholesome grains, high-quality olive oil and good fish. Dairy products are integrated in small quantities.
- Processed foods like sweets and red meat are avoided in the Mediterranean diet.
- With the choice of food, the person is provided with all important vitamins and minerals. The Mediterranean diet is particularly rich in unsaturated fatty acids, secondary plant substances and fiber.
- The Mediterranean diet has been shown to have beneficial effects on heart health. It is said to have a life-prolonging effect.
- The Mediterranean diet is initially suitable for most people. People who are overweight can also benefit from the diet. Patients with chronic cardiovascular disease should consult their doctor before changing their diet.
Estruch, R. et al. (2013): Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease with a Mediterranean Diet, in: The New England Journal of Medicine ,.
- How do google phones work
- How does a carbon atom show tetravalence
- Do you think Albert Camus is arrogant
- Are aldi and lidl the same chain
- A fox is smarter than a human
- What is BitLord
- What do actors think of shipping?
- How many dogs should a person have
- What are chromosomes made of
- Women should be wary of charismatic men
- What is Ben Shapiro's politics in general?
- What are the tallest buildings in Atlanta
- Which party does the election belong to?
- How is lactic acid formed
- Where could I learn English fluently online?
- How do you kill competitors
- What are your negative aspects
- How is Vanxim Island Goa
- What is the present participle of do?
- What is Sencha 1
- Why don't Chevy Volts hold their worth
- Why is the earth not a perfect circle
- A person can be naturally optimistic
- Any sellers on Alibaba aren't scams