Can beans make you fat
Legumes for weight loss: With lentils and beans, the pounds tumble off
Beans, Lentils and Co. didn't have a good reputation in the past. For a long time, legumes were mainly found in simple home cooking such as soups and stews. But that has changed. Not only vegetarians appreciate the protein-rich foods. Legumes are also suitable for losing weight.
In addition to lentils and beans, legumes also include peas, soybeans and chickpeas. Usually you only eat the seeds. Some varieties such as French beans or sugar peas also taste wonderful with pods.
Lots of protein, lots of fiber
The fact that pulses, also known as legumes, are so good for losing weight, is due to their special composition. Compared to other plant-based foods, they have an extremely high protein content. Dried lentils, for example, have a share of 23 percent protein, soybeans even have up to 34 percent. Since legumes also contain carbohydrates and plenty of fiber, they are as filling as hardly any other food.
For comparison: Whole grains contain a lot of fiber, but not nearly as much protein as legumes. Meat, on the other hand, is rich in protein, but at the same time provides animal fats, but no fiber.
Less fat on the stomach
It has even been scientifically proven that lenses and the like can help you lose weight. A Canadian study recently showed the satiating effect of legumes. During the study period, participants in the legume group unconsciously consumed fewer total calories and, within eight weeks, lost weight mainly on the stomach.
There is also evidence that crops in which legumes are staple foods are less likely to be overweight and diabetic.
How to avoid flatulence
However, the power packs have one disadvantage: Lenses and their relatives are considered difficult to digest and cause gas in some people. If you want to avoid this, you should change your diet slowly and initially only mix one or two tablespoons of legumes in soups, sauces or casseroles.
Those who have accustomed their intestines to high-fiber foods can be more courageous. Try lentils in the pasta sauce, for example. If you like it hearty, you can prepare linguine with balsamic lentils. Sauces with red lentils taste milder. But the versatile legumes can also be wonderfully processed in a salad or as a curry.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Was Hitler murdered or committed suicide?
- Can I top up from my mobile SIM card
- Pays Walmart money orders
- What are some examples of double thinking
- What would you rather have than coffee?
- How did you reverse fatty liver disease?
- What materials are used in injection molding
- Which careers in IT do NOT involve coding
- How can I be a fatter girl
- How do I sell cars online
- What is the chemical weapons trade
- Have you ever smoked weed
- What would Jesus think of us?
- What is the ANSI C ++ standard
- You can mix latex and acrylic paints
- How can I develop my real estate
- What does Rust
- How does Photoshop work
- Why didn't anyone build a good hoverboard
- Could men just do away with feminism
- What pollute rivers
- What is the noun of Kaelte
- Did you take part in the Straight Pride Parade?
- What if Ariana Dumbledore never died
- Has anyone really voted for Trump?
- Digital printing in Hyderabad 1
- What ocean is Hawaii
- Is the magic of manifestation real?
- How do I start a small software company
- What are the functions of Elodea cells
- What are asteroids orbiting