What voltage is used in Vietnam
Electricity and adapter in Vietnam
The sockets in Vietnam are like a lottery for foreign visitors: Sometimes there are European sockets (plug type C), but sometimes also American socket outlets (plug type A) with two flat plugs and in some cases also the British plug type G.
Adapter is recommended
The American plugs are a legacy of the Vietnam War and are therefore rarely found today, for example in older hotels. British power outlets are in a sense a legacy of the British colonial era as they were used in many former colonies, including Hong Kong and Singapore. Since many companies from these two countries have built hotels in Vietnam in recent years, these sockets were also used.
The voltage can sometimes be 127 volts and sometimes 220 volts. A general adjustment to 220 volts is planned, but like everything in Vietnam it may take a while. The voltage is actually not a problem for Europeans, as two phases of 127V three-phase current with 50Hz together result in 220V. Americans are more likely to have problems when they plug their 110V devices into Vietnamese 220V sockets.
Most European travelers in Vietnam generally have no problem plugging their home electronic devices into an electrical outlet. Newer hotels or cafes, which have free WiFi internet and power sockets for their guests, usually have European sockets for plug type C. If you want to make sure that there are no problems anywhere, you can take a universal adapter with you from home . But adapters are also easy to find in Vietnam.
Electricity and adapter in Vietnam:
3,00 out of 5 points, based on 50 votes cast. Loading ...
Power outages in Vietnam
Power outages are not uncommon in Vietnam, even in the big cities. Anyone who has seen the countless power cables that run across the streets in Saigon and form huge tangles will also know why. Especially in the dry season there are often power outages when the demand exceeds the meager supply from the then dry hydropower plants. Tropical cyclones and typhoons on the coast do the rest.
Should the power ever go down, stay calm: in most cases it doesn't take long before the storm comes back or the hotel starts a generator. Most hotels also provide candles.
- How does the Nutrisystem work
- Why did the police have pepper spray
- Will string theory ever be proven?
- Google Tag Manager is easy to understand
- What are the personality types of Avengers
- When to use Hadoop vs SQL
- How are plants dependent on animals 2
- How was your first date
- Who is Andrew Strauss
- What is Facebook's Product Management Process
- Paint dead
- What if Operation Barbarossa is successful?
- Why are taxis usually white-colored vehicles?
- Who invented coherence?
- How does coffee stimulate the brain
- Ayurvedic medicines are properly tested
- What are proxy cards at MTG
- Who invented the Olivetti typewriter
- Why do aquatic plants have fewer stomata
- Which nation was the first neutral
- What are convictions spent in the UK
- During World War II, the Maginot Line was useless
- Which one is better for acne scar removal
- Are there any wine clubs in France?