What is the formula for fullerene
Fullerenes are a carbon modification or a special group of macromolecules of composition C consisting exclusively of carbon2n. They are the third carbon modification besides graphite and diamond. Fullerenes are polyhedra made of more than n three-coordinate carbon atoms. They occur naturally and / or are produced artificially.
They were discovered in 1985 by Curl, Kroto and Smalley, who received the 1996 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
The best known and most stable fullerenes have the sum formulas C.60, C70, C76, C80, C82, C84, C86, C90 and C94. Which is best researched C.60, which consists of 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons (icosahedral symmetry); (also named Buckminster Fullerene, in honor of the US architect Buckminster Fuller, who became known for his geodesic domes). In 2005, a working group at the University of Freiburg succeeded in finding the smallest fullerene C.20 to prove. This carbon cluster is a dodecahedron made up only of five-membered rings (i.e., the smaller brother of the well-known C.60.)
Fullerenes are usually brownish-black powders with a metallic sheen, which disintegrate into graphite in air. As a mineral fullerite (C.60) black to brown, density 1.9 - 2.0, opaque, as brittle to mussel-like fragments, microscopic crystals in spherical aggregates; Hardness 3.5, black line. Crystal system: Tetragonal-Ditetragonal Dipyramidal; Space group: pseudocubic. (Truncated icosahedron; pentakis dodecahedron with 32 faces (20 hexagons, 12 pentagons), 60 vertices and 90 edges.
Fullerenes can also store helium as clathrates (inclusion / inclusion compounds)
Natural fullerenes come (among other things) in the form of the mineral fullerite (not yet submitted to the IMA, but described in detail) (C.60) in different rocks.
- In Shungite: (Metamorphic Precambrian Greenschist facies in Karelia, Russia)
- In the Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary Layers (New Zealand)
- In meteorites and sediments of meteoritic impacts (Gissar, Tajikistan)
- In substrates with a high carbon content, caused by lightning strikes
as well as in interstellar space and in soot.
- Is the field of writing too competitive
- Is southern Spain hot in December
- Is the Indonesian rupiah backed with gold
- How is the DIT University of Electrical Engineering
- Are there unlisted ingredients in Coca Cola?
- How do I get attention on Twitter
- How to make rhythm beads for horses
- What is the incredible diversity in technology
- Richard Feynman and Albert Einstein were polymaths
- How do books help with character formation
- Who has freelance opportunities for HR
- What is the treatment for gliosis
- What is a heat pump
- Why do chloroplasts have a double membrane
- How did the relationship between India and Israel begin
- What are the most common translation challenges
- Is learning Android easy or difficult
- What is the name of product managers at Apple
- What a tenor this man is
- How did IIT differ from your expectations
- Which toys are the most environmentally friendly?
- How is lactic acid formed
- Why are we mostly water
- How do you deal with backhand compliments?