Why was the internet invented
This is how the internet came about
Can you imagine that there was once a world without the internet? Actually, that wasn't that long ago. Many parents and your grandparents can still remember it.
It all started in the USA in 1958. A military research unit was founded there under President Dwight D. Eisenhower. She should develop an electronic network. In 1969 the time had come: the so-called "ARPANET" was switched on. This could be used by scientists, but also by the American army.
The APARNET was something like the "mother" of today's Internet. Data was exchanged about this. But that wasn't so easy at first. For example, the endings for URL addresses only existed since 1983, i.e. something like .com, gov. and net.
In 1990 it was decided to make the network accessible to everyone. But first a lot had to be developed: a language to design websites (HTML) and "rules" so that the computers can exchange information with each other (http and https).
The British developer Tim Berners-Lee called this new network "World Wide Web" (WWW for short) and put the first website online on August 6, 1991.
In the beginning it was all very slow and hardly anyone knew how to use it. How do I look at pages on the Internet? And how am I supposed to find it? One of the first known browsers was "Mosaic" in 1993. In September 1997 the well-known search engine "Google" went online.
The internet was being used by more and more people around the world, it got faster and bigger and finally it came to our smartphones and tablets. Today it has become indispensable: a world without the Internet is hardly imaginable.
- Where can I learn Hinglish
- What are Computerized EM Methods
- How should you accept your stepmother
- Where is Tulane University located
- Has a full-stack system administrator
- What is pvc tile floor
- Which actor's interview sings best
- Is Joker purely angry or is it just misunderstood?
- What does visual communication mean
- Which company developed the laser printer
- Why didn't BTS come to Philadelphia
- Why do I want to die
- How can you become the next Einstein?
- Is Walmart too big to die
- What is the evidence of ancient extraterrestrials
- How can I paint landscapes with acrylic paints
- What is meant by valence in the atom
- What happened to WebOS
- The church is your second home
- How poor is Anatolia
- What is Indian football history
- What are functionalized hydrocarbons
- What is Medicine Temporary Residence
- How do you define a mother figure