Why isn't my new kitten eating
Your cat won't eat - that may be the reason.
Why does my cat stop eating?
If a cat do not eat is called medically as Inappetence or anorexia. Cats are generally not allowed for a period of 24 hours stay sober as physical Organ damage can be the result. If a cat does not eat anything for a long period of time, even that Feeling hungry to. We'll help you find out what's possible and what could be the causes behind it.
The cause of the strike while eating
Cats are Creatures of habit. If something changes in everyday life, they suddenly can stoptoeat. In principle, however, should be a Refusal to eat always questioned and the root cause be determined. Here are the Top9 causes, which is why a cat no longer eats:
- Feed-related: Has been the feed of Wet- on dried animal food switched or do you have the Flavor or Feed type changed? Cats are often very picky and can look for one Feed changeover stop eating. In principle, the following applies: One Feed changeover should be with the cat, about severalWeeks take place very slowly. Wet food in particular should always be fresh and moist. If the wet food becomes dry because it stands too long, it will rarely be eaten.
- stress: Have you had any lately Changes in the householdlike new furniture or Renovation works or has a new pet or a new person moved in, for example? stress is often one of the reasons your cat stops eating. This can even be triggered by repositioning the feeding bowl. Also the Heat, can cause enormous stress in cats, which is why they stop eating.
- Dental disease or Mouth infections: Tartar or Inflammation in the mouth area, often cause cats to stop eating. Salivation, difficulties at the Chew or avoiding dried animal food, are often signs of dental disease. Mouth infections caused by viruses or bacteria can cause pain and make eating difficult.
- fever: Especially with Walking outdoors, caused fever often Unwillingness to eat. We have written a separate article about this that can help you.
- Infections: Viral diseases such as FIP, FeLV or FIV can cause loss of appetite in cats.
- Parasites: Recently, your cat has had symptoms like diarrhea or Vomit? A Worm infestation as Giardia can be the trigger, among other things.
- Organ diseases: Especially with older cats, aRenal failure, Liver problems or one constipation cause the cat to stop eating. Medicines that the cat is already taking can also prevent the cat from wanting to eat.
- Is your cat one Outdoor or one Domestic cat? Outdoor users can use the Neighbor feeding or by that To hunt already be full. If she still looks fit after going outdoors, he may be full.
- Poisoning: Also Poisoning can prevent your cat from eating. She also shows other symptoms like Salivation, Vomit, Tremble or Convulsions? Then everyone should Alarm bells approach!
A Inappetence can be used alone or in combination with others for the cat Symptoms occur. For the most part, and especially with young animals, one comes Unwillingness to eat before when that Lining was switched abruptly. A Feed change should never take place abruptly in the cat, but rather over severalWeeks away. If your cat has any other symptoms, the cause should be found out as soon as possible. Such symptoms are for example:
In contrast to the dog, it is with cats life-threateningif they are for a long period of time Notmoreeat. If your cat is longer than 24Hours sober, this could turn out to be one Fatty liver to lead (hepaticLipidosis). That is a life threateningStatus! Especially at olderCats just like Kitten one should also worry earlier and not wait too long.
Remember: a cat should never be fasted for more than 24 hours.
Diagnosis and therapy
To the Unwillingness to eat To treat cats appropriately, one should always find the cause. A generalexamination, especially the Oral cavity, should always take place. The condition and weight of the animal should also be checked. Often, however, is one Blood test or one X-ray required to find the cause of the unwillingness to eat.
What often helps with a cat that does not eat is one Force feeding. Each of us has had one before stomach-Intestines-Glu and knows that eating smaller servings appetite again stimulate can. The gastrointestinal tract stabilizes and the cat gets back hunger.
Prevention so your cat will always eat
Around Environmental factors to avoid going to Unwillingness to eat shouldn't lead very much in general household or to the Feeding habits change. Changing food too often can cause your cat to develop gastrointestinal problems. Deworming to protect against parasites as well as the regular one vaccination at Walking outdoors can help keep your cat healthy. If one vaccination makes sense for your cat you can inthis article read. Older cats should have one every year Blood test done to Kidneys-, Thyroid- as Liver problems to recognize prematurely. In many cases, however, a detailed Diagnosis be made so that it can be found out why your four-legged friend is no longer eating. Even with outdoor people who often fight and Turf wars perform, you should consider whether that makes sense.
Are you unsure and would you like to learn more about Dr. Learn about SAM - just click the link and get further insights into our work.
Dr. Christian Dimitriadis
- Veterinarian at Dr. SAM
- Where should I get lost in Tangier?
- Is it illegal not to hire criminals?
- What is a third party VPN
- What is Uralgebra
- How do I improve interaction design skills
- What is attractive about a career as a writer
- What is important for my 2nd wedding
- Is BMS ECE better than VIT CS
- How do I fix my Android's errors
- How are residues made from ores
- What's the best alternative to SnapApp
- Why do criminals talk to the police
- What was the Treaty of Versailles
- What are 8 examples of social dances
- Can a coma patient pee
- CNN is a divisive force in America
- Do CSR as a company
- What is office ergonomics
- What is the process of genetic change
- Let's go to war
- What screams I live in Scottsdale
- Which country visits San Francisco the most
- What is the multiverse theory about
- What is the best lawn mower under 350