What can bamboo grow by force
Forest and Garden Hon. Bamboo is a fashionable plant, a plant that brings an Asian touch to the garden with its elegant shape and which harmonizes very well with modern architecture: the abstract-looking round shape goes well with glass, metal and concrete buildings
Forest and garden
Hon. Bamboo is a fashionable plant, which with its elegant shape brings an Asian touch to the garden and which harmonizes very well with modern architecture: the abstract-looking round tube and which are often regularly horizontal go well with glass, metal and concrete buildings arranged leaves. Everyone knows what to think of as bamboo, but "bamboo" is not a plant name, the most diverse genera and species can be subsumed under it. And unfortunately the most beautiful are also the problematic ones, because they drive rhizomes that can crawl through the ground and move for meters and then suddenly shoot up. In a large park they can form forests - in a small garden they are only tolerable "in cages".
A smart escapee has caused some damage in our neighborhood. He broke through small walls, knocked himself through under paving - the split underneath was no obstacle, he reinterpreted installations for electricity and irrigation for his own purposes, and all in all he has shown a tremendous vitality. Bamboo grows so fast that you can almost watch it. In Japan, daily values of one meter were measured. And then there are all the bad stories from Asia, where the tips of the plant grow through tied bodies for the purpose of torture or execution. Far more important than these horror stories, however, is the economic importance of the plant, the shoots of which can be eaten and which play an enormous role in the construction industry in Asia as a supplier of wood or as scaffolding material. The genus Phyllostachys includes many species, those with yellow, green or almost black stalks. Also popular are the yellow ones with a fine green stripe that appears to be marked in a different place after each internode. But the beautiful phyllostachys in particular are big escapees. You will always find a small joint in a wall, which you can then burst open with great force.
Building bamboo barriers requires a professional approach. Where the bamboo cannot be planted in containers, in concrete pipes or in locations surrounded by concrete walls, a rhizome barrier is attached with plastic, which must be dug vertically into the earth from the roll and screwed with an iron or aluminum locking rail. No overlaps should protrude towards the inside, otherwise a rhizome could force its way into it. However, all of this only brings security if rhizomes that creep over the barrier are regularly cut off. If you don't want your bamboo to be a prison guard, you have to choose other species that do not form aggressive rhizomes. In addition to the escapes, which the English call "runners", there are also the clumps, who do not need barriers. They include the large group of Sinarundinaria or Fargesia, beautiful bushes that never quite leave the same impression as the Phyllostachys. To put it a bit nastily, you notice the former more than the latter that they all ultimately belong to the extended grass family. So if you want beautiful bamboo plants, you should install a professional barrier when planting, otherwise the matter can be very expensive or - if the escapes leave the property towards the neighbor - even end up in front of the judge. Bamboos in pots, in concrete pipes or in the “prison” of the bamboo barrier need a lot of water and also fertilizer, because they form so many roots that soon there is no more room for the plant substrate. With enough water and regular fertilization you get beautiful plants, and the stiles get thicker every year.
- What does the stiffness module depend on?
- What is a stockbroker
- What is Leptonica
- What do Juventus fans expect from Ronaldo
- Would you use a robotic kitchen
- Who is leading Donald Trump's political opposition?
- What is the most entertaining anime
- Requires MSC in cybersecurity coding skills
- Were tanks used in Vietnam?
- Why do certain antidepressants sometimes no longer work?
- What are some cute Japanese cat names
- Difference between break and continue jump statements
- How to upload poems to YouTube
- How is Germany for students
- Why do people have noses
- You need an Amazon ranking SEO service
- All cats can recognize their name
- What is your hottest take on crypto currency
- How do you deal with backhand compliments?
- Which aircraft can carry the MOAB
- How do wind turbines work
- Who is the deadliest lord in Westeros
- Should we stop watching TV
- What is an online broker
- What's wrong with CB Life
- Have the cops ever robbed them?
- Has Bharat Taxi services in Delhi
- How to calculate the thermal speed
- What are the dangers of pneumonia
- Can I write x as 1 x
- Sean Hannity is in trouble now
- Index funds outperform NASDAQ
- What is the Django programming language
- What's next for the United Kingdom