Hotel managers are in demand
Hotel director - at the top of the hotel career ladder
We'll show you everything you need to know about the job of a hotel manager. Do you also want to run a hotel? Then find out what is important and what to expect.
How do I become a hotel manager?
You won't become a hotel manager overnight and it is a long way to assert yourself in this profession. The classic way to the top of the career ladder begins with training as a hotel clerk. Comparable training courses such as cooks are just as suitable for a start. Appropriate further training or even a degree with a focus on the hotel industry have a positive influence on a career as a hotel manager. However, there is no typical apprenticeship or degree that trains you to become a hotel manager. Because experience is required here!
Several years of professional experience are a prerequisite and help in everyday life to deal better with problematic situations. In the meantime, however, the focus is less on the title than on skills and personality. This is independent of age and professional experience. People often slip into this place by chance. A feeling for personnel and good entrepreneurial thinking are important for this job. This is not automatically taught with any degree.
For a successful hotelier, however, the "wandering years" are of great importance. A hotel manager learns a lot through experience and getting to know different hotels and hotel sizes. For example: reading numbers, foreign languages or dealing with guests.
What tasks does a hotel manager have?
As a hotel manager you have a great responsibility because he is informed about everything that happens in the hotel. This includes clean rooms, an attractive breakfast buffet, a hygienic wellness area and much more. He knows all the details of his hotel and knows exactly what is going on. Nothing escapes him! He also knows his regular guests by name and greets them personally.
The hotel manager is the linchpin of the hotel and coordinates all of its departments. To do this, he uses his hotel numbers in order to be able to make number-based decisions. But the guest always comes first! Because everything is subject to the satisfaction of the guests.
In summary, this means: the hotel manager sets the direction for the entire hotel. That means, he determines the philosophy, organizes the entire management and presents himself as a friendly host.
These are the requirements for a hotel manager
- Communication expert in dealing with staff, service providers and guests
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational talent
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Enthusiasm and contagious towards employees
- Strong leadership skills
- Resistance to stress with energy and endurance
- Knowledge of budget and financial planning
- Planning of occupancies
What makes a good hotel manager?
A good hotel manager always keeps track of his hotel. In addition, he always keeps calm in the entire hotel chaos. He knows his numbers and the demand for his hotel.
Experiences like in the restaurant, at the bar, as well as at the reception are an absolute must-have in order to become successful as a hotel manager. In addition, qualifications such as sommelier training, experience in the kitchen and housekeeping processes make it easier to get started.
Ultimately, the job offers an enormous range of different tasks and a lot of variety! It is important, however, that a good hotel manager has to love his job!
How much does a hotel manager earn?
There are different employers as hotel managers:
- Bed and breakfast accommodation
- guest houses
- international hotel chains
- small independent family run hotels
- Cruise ships
- Amusement parks with accommodations and much more
A hotel manager's salary is as diverse as his employers. Because the salary can be between € 2,700 and € 7,800. In Germany, the average salary of a hotel manager is € 4,393 per month. The lower salaries start at just under € 2,700. In the case of high-class hotels, the salary ranges up to € 7,800.
As in many other professions, the region also plays an important role here. For example, the average salaries in southern Germany are higher than in northern Germany. Other influencing factors are age, professional experience and the size of the accommodation. Because depending on the number of beds, the number of employees and thus the responsibility for personnel also increases.
Regular working hours are rather unusual for hoteliers because they don't have a typical 9 am-5pm office job. Rather, they are available to all employees from all sides. Therefore, the hotel manager usually receives bonuses in addition to his salary.
Further benefits are: free accommodation, meals and provision of uniforms.
All in all, the job of hotel manager is an exciting job that involves a lot of variety. No day is like the other!
Would you like to know how other hoteliers have managed to make a career as a hotel manager in their dream job? Then check this out:
- How does corruption affect ordinary people?
- Can you help me prepare for ESE?
- Why don't Americans like small cars
- What is personal advertising
- How Has Child Abuse Affected You 1
- Who is the best singer from Bollywood
- Is it easy to hack wifi
- Can yoga destabilize the emotional balance
- What is wholesale Dutch auction system
- Believe in God 1
- Who conquered Constantinople
- Why do the particles attract
- Best Buy sells its returns
- What are the best math MOOCs
- Is an internship worth the regret?
- Bioinformatics is a simple subject
- What is the best alternative to ToutApp
- What is something that symbolizes overcoming adversity
- How did composers test their music?
- Who can send me a free drone
- Why is nanotechnology a difficult science
- Can dissociate acid into acid
- Do you currently live in Syria?
- What is the largest cowrey shell type
- What are Voyager Activities
- What is the simplest selection test
- What is the risk of radiation
- What is the renaissance in simple terms
- What is a Pharm D 1
- Who designed the Airbnb website
- Who automatically qualifies for the world championship
- Is it necessary to book an airport?
- How bad is the judicial system
- Which universities offer ethics as a major?