Contains soy lecithin soy
Extensive range of soy allergy products
The soybean has a long tradition in various cultures and it is now hard to imagine our regions without them. In addition to vegetarian diets that particularly value the high-quality protein of the soybean, food technology has also discovered the versatile abilities of the bean.
They can be found in numerous foods as soy flakes, soy flour, soy lecithin, oil or isolated protein. In this way, more or less unconsciously, the soybean has become a "staple food" - and thus a contender for a spot on the list of allergy triggers. The soybean is a legume. In individual cases, cross-reactions to other legumes (peanuts, beans, peas) can occur.
In childhood we often have an isolated (primary) soy allergy. In adulthood, however, the allergy occurs due to a cross-reaction in birch pollen allergy sufferers (secondary allergy).
In the case of soy allergy, molecular allergy diagnostics provide good assistance in assessing the risk of which type of allergy it is. In this way, the individual components of the allergen source soy can be identified (e.g. Gly m 4/5/6). These differentiated examination results can help to make more precise statements for the final diagnosis! For the everyday life of the patient, this can mean that the risk of severe reactions can be better assessed through the specific determination of a certain allergen structure.
- Gly m 5/6: risk of severe clinical reactions.
- Gly m 4: mostly limited to local symptoms in the sense of a cross-reaction, but severe clinical complaints are also possible.
The therapy consists primarily of a change in diet. After the allergist has clearly established that there is a soy allergy, soy and soy products must be removed from the menu, depending on the type of allergy. In the primary form of soy allergy, these include soy beans, soy seedlings, tofu, soy drinks, soy pudding, soy yoghurt, soy ice cream, soy flour, soy flakes, soy sauce, soy oil.
Did you know!
If there is a cross allergy and this is confirmed by a positive allergy test for Gly m 4 and the other components are negative, products such as soy sauce, lecithin or oil can be tolerated.
In order to ensure a balanced diet despite a diet and to create an alternative to cooking and baking, individual nutritional advice makes sense. The nutritionists of the German Allergy and Asthma Association are at your disposal and can provide you with the addresses of nutritionists in your region.
Shopping and eating out
When shopping for packaged food, a look at the list of ingredients can be a guide. Here, soy and products made from it are listed as an ingredient and highlighted in bold or underlined. Pay attention to all terms with soy in their name.
In the case of unpackaged, loose goods at the baker's, butcher's or in a restaurant, the statutory labeling of the 14 most common allergy triggers has also been in effect since December 13, 2014.
We offer you further written information on this topic:
- Soy allergy shopping helper
- Nutritionists in your area
This is also only available for our members
- Detailed nutritional recommendations for soy allergies
- Information on allergen labeling, especially on trace labeling
- Nutritional Symptoms Diary
- Recipe collection
- Information on cross allergies and primary soy allergy
The German Allergy and Asthma Association (DAAB) will be happy to provide you with information in a personal conversation. For members, we also hold regular webinars (online seminars) where you can ask experts questions.
Sonja Lämmel, Dipl.oec. troph. Will be happy to answer any questions you may have about nutrition.
- What eats coniferous grass
- What are the benefits of blockchain decentralization
- Can lamictal lower motivation
- What is NT tax
- How do we feel sleepy after eating?
- Is Quora the next big thing 1
- What antibiotics cause yeast infections
- What is dental care
- Can Puerto Rico Earn Social Security
- What are some similar liqueurs like Disaronno
- Should humanity be exterminated
- Why is aloe vera called aloe vera
- How are hostels in the US
- Call and mission are connected
- When was the last time Steve Jobs was in India?
- How do nectarines differ from peaches?
- Why is nudity considered morally wrong
- Why are people attacking your character
- Why do so many people love Trump
- What should be the monthly budget
- When will India become a top nation
- Why is it an entrepreneur for everyone?
- How can I open a GoFundMe
- What are cybersecurity metrics