What is cultural revival
Experimental musician John Maus
November 24, 2011
The Week-End Festival in the former UFA-Filmpalast - Music 11/11
The free trade zone has been organizing its international theater and dance festival Globalize: Cologne since 2006. The omens already indicate that a very special anniversary will be celebrated with the Week-End Festival this year. The former UFA “palace” on the Hohenzollernring - once one of the most impressive buildings in Cologne - serves as the location. 15 artists and bands (including cult figures such as Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth or current musicians such as John Maus) ensure a musically high-quality program.
Under the motto “Made by fans for fans”, it is not just an old cinema that is being revived. The Week-End also shows how much potential there is actually still in Cologne. The two initiators Jörg Waschat and Jan Lankisch have created a program that is not only part of the domestic festival catalog. Whether with the DIY legend R. Stevie Moore or the pioneer of the “Fresh Beat” James Pants: Here you dare to experiment without ignoring the wishes of the fans
The focus is not only on the line-up. In the supporting program, the long orphaned cinema screens are being revived with seven contributions from film history. The large foyer of the UFA Filmpalast serves as a platform for various exhibitors such as record stores and fashion labels. On the first weekend in December, we can look forward to an artistically advanced program with the concerts, films and performances of the Week-End Festival.
Fr.2.12. until Sun. 4.12. | former UFA Filmpalast on Hohenzollernring | Tickets: 0221 28 01 or www.weekendfest.de
Did you like this article?As an independent and free medium, we depend on the support of our readers. If you would like to support us and our work financially with a voluntary amount, you can find out more by clicking the button on the right.
The request appears here!
- How do I block Grooveshark ads
- How to become an online freelancer
- Why do you need a commercial painter
- How does the Bitcoin graph rise
- Jews still live in Kerala
- Why do you like tanks
- Have you ever confessed to anything drunk?
- Why are MRI scans so expensive
- What is the application of Al 7075
- Is Vladimir Putin invincible
- Boxelder bites bugs
- What is the healthiest body soap cleaner
- Why are bioinformatics courses for students so rare
- Is it worth it to be an academic professor
- How was Trump's life
- Can we use parseChar like parseInt
- What is the theory of self-efficacy
- What sensation do you absolutely hate
- How do I understand quantum mechanics
- What is clairvoyance or clairvoyance
- Why were the British afraid of marathas?
- What are some BTS opinions
- What is automotive coating
- Are the gyms busy in the morning?
- How do I install Windows 95
- What are the best resorts in Fiji
- What is a type A light bulb.
- Why can fat people sing well
- Why didn't anyone build a good hoverboard
- Is society ready for driverless cars?
- What antibiotics cause yeast infections
- Who is better Barney or Chandler Bing
- Pay the closing costs on land
- How do I edit pictures online