What drug prevents vomiting when drinking alcohol
Quiet in the stomach
Substitute fluid losses
Especially after Mardi Gras nights and carnival parties have been celebrated, customers can still be given a few tips: If you feel sick, meals should be small and low in fat. Alcohol, coffee and nicotine should be avoided completely. If you vomit, make sure you drink enough fluids, for example with sweetened chamomile tea, fennel tea or peppermint tea. It can also use electrolyte supplements such as oral pedon® 240 or Elotrans® recommended. The specified amount of 200 ml of water for dissolving should not be undercut, since otherwise the solutions would not be weakly hypotonic, as desired, but hypertonic and as such, with their osmotic activity, would even inhibit the absorption of water and electrolytes from the intestine. If fluids are vomited again immediately, the patient can try to put a teaspoon of fluid in their mouth every two minutes, hold it briefly, and swallow slowly. If there is a suspicion of an infectious gastrointestinal disease (e.g. with simultaneous diarrhea), antiemetics should only be taken after waiting for the acute phase, since vomiting is an important protective reflex here.
As far as the “hangover” after extensive alcohol consumption is concerned, it is not yet known exactly which mechanisms are used to trigger nausea and vomiting, so it is not clear which group of active substances would be optimal for therapy. Dehydration, which results from the reduced ADH effect under the influence of alcohol, certainly plays a role, so it is important to ensure an adequate supply of fluids and minerals. Numerous food supplements and herbal preparations for "therapy" of hangover symptoms are advertised on the Internet. In individual studies, effects on individual symptoms of the "hangover" are also described, but overall the evidence is low. A reduction in hangover symptoms was z. B. described in a study in which the subjects before and during alcohol consumption vitamin B6 ingestion (total 1200 mg).
As a preventive measure, it can be recommended to have a high-fat meal before consuming alcohol in order to slow down the absorption of the ethanol, and to drink water again and again while consuming alcohol. The type of alcohol consumed also makes a difference, especially when it comes to hard liquor: "clear" spirits such as vodka or gin cause fewer complaints the next day than dark-colored, congeneric spirits such as brandy, whiskey or tequila. Of course, it would be optimal to generally reduce alcohol consumption to a level that does not lead to a "hangover" the next morning. |
- Which is the best site for coding
- What is commutative algebra
- Nightmares are normal
- How to spell Rodriguez
- What are the consequences of media manipulation?
- What are some examples of admixtures
- What was your last brain fart
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs
- Which floor is used in football?
- Why do some people drive drunk
- Alexa picks you up
- What does immanence mean
- What has become of the human condition
- What are the types of pens
- The word Federation is forbidden
- Are sea cucumbers animals or plants
- How do I prepare for GE placement
- What is the best homestay in Goa
- Why are some antiques so expensive
- How can I be honest with everyone
- Is Nigeria a racist name
- Which Companies Should Yahoo Acquire
- Will Nigeria qualify for Euro 2020
- What does hunger do to the brain
- Is 20 GB of RAM overkill
- Are curry leaves good for the face
- What do you think of not teaching children?
- What is your rating of Formula 1
- Is the word anniversaire masculine or feminine
- Are you open to new things
- Has electrical charge contained energy
- How can pregnancy affect you in life
- Is Wakie a stupid app
- What does the symbol lotus mean