Where are Tesla charging stations?
Tesla Supercharger in Europe: Over 600 stations and 6,000 charging points
The number of Tesla Supercharger stations recently passed the 600 mark in Europe. And since there are an average of ten charging points per station, the number of individual charging stations from the Musk brand also tore a magical limit: the 6,000. This makes the Californian manufacturer's supercharging network one of the largest and densest network of fast charging points.
Since the Model S entered the market (initially in 2013), it has grown fairly rapidly. At the end of 2013 there were fewer than 20 stations in Europe. At the end of 2014 it rose to over 110 and at the end of 2015 to almost 200. At the beginning of 2020 the number was 500 and now there are 600.
In the meantime, Tesla has also slightly increased the average number of boxes per station and increased the output of the existing V2 chargers from 120 to 150 kW. And because the company is still not moving fast enough, work is already in progress on the installation of new 250 kW V3 superchargers. The stations were also retrofitted with CCS2 DC Combo-compatible plugs.
The largest stations in Europe are in Norway. The front runner is Nebbenes with a total of 44 charging points. In Germany, the largest station with 40 charging stations is in Oberhonnfeld.
However, Europe is no longer the second largest market for superchargers after the USA, because China continued to accelerate in 2020 and now has more than 925 stations. That's pretty close to the US 1,125.
News from Tesla:
It remains to be seen whether the general third-party fast-charging networks can keep up with demand and eventually overtake Tesla's own network. The example of IONITY shows, however, that scaling is not always smooth and easy. And many providers are still looking for new partners to expand the public network of ultra-fast charging stations.
According to Statista, the total number of public charging stations in Germany was around 22,000 in the first quarter.
Picture gallery: 6,000 Tesla superchargers in Europe
- Makes oxycotine more addicting than oxycodone
- What does Mukatsuku mean
- Are female breasts considered to be genitals
- How embarrassed you were today
- Can a prosecutor prosecute his own child?
- What is similar between you and TChalla
- Why was history made
- Need aircraft carrier modifications
- Gemini 2 is a scam
- How did Napoleon fall?
- Which college majors should avoid emotional people
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs
- Which development businesses use PHP
- What is Iran doing in Yemen
- What is the mortgage brokerage fee
- How do I become a technical analyst?
- What is your favorite drum machine
- How bad are you
- What are MKV files
- Can we become black holes
- What is LaVeyan's Satanism
- Have you ever helped a messenger
- How could QuizUp make money
- What is the value of ln iota